What Is Derma-rolling?
Buy Derma Rollers Online. Rolling involves the use of micro-needles which makes microscopic incisions in the skin as “trauma” which then causes the skin to go into “repair mode” by stimulating collagen production. Sounds pretty intense, but it’s actually not as scary as you think.
What is a Derma-roller?
A Derma-roller is, you guessed it, the tool used to perform Derma-rolling or microneedling. Once only performed by professionals in a salon, these days there are numerous tools on the market which means you can DIY at home.
Microneedling causes a low level of traumaTrusted Source to the outer layer of the skin.
This prompts the skin’s healing process, leading to skin regeneration and to the production of anti-aging substancesTrusted Source such as collagen and elastin. Derma rollers, on the other hand, create tiny pathways in the skin with shorter needles. Serums can use these pathways to travel deeper, absorbing more efficiently and hopefully producing more visible effects.
Uses Of Derma Rollers (Buy Online)
Dermarolling was originally used by dermatologists as a way of boosting collagen production for treating facial scars and skin rejuvenation.
It is now also used as a way to deliver therapeutic drugs and vaccines through the skin.
In addition, it has gained popularity as a home treatment to improve the appearance of the skin. Many people use it to try to combat the signs of aging, such as:
- loss of skin firmness
- appearance of fine lines
- start of wrinkles
Some people also use it to try to reduce pore size or reduce the production of an oil called sebum if their skin is oily. Others try dermarollers to try to improve the appearance of stretch marks.
How To Use Derma Rollers (Buy Online)
If using a dermaroller at home, a person should follow the steps described here:
- Remove the dermaroller from its container
- spray it with alcohol solution and wash with warm water to sterilize
- prepare the skin for treatment with an antiseptic or saline wash
- hold the skin taut roll over each section, once up and down, once side to side, and once diagonally
- bathe the skin with saline after the skin has reddened
- spray the derma roller with alcohol solution and wash with warm water to sterilize
- leave the derma roller to dry
- put back in the storage case